What are your credentials?
My late mother used to always tell me, “Lily, if you want to learn something, go learn from the best,” and that is exactly what I have always tried to do. The schooling and certifications I have pursued in the health and wellness field are top notch.
I am also a board certified Holistic Health Counselor through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, a member of the American Association of Drugless Practitioners, and member of the Weston A. Price Foundation.
I am also a 200-hour certified Kripalu Yoga teacher. “Kripalu” means “Compassion” and my work with clients is LOVE+COMPASSION based. While I do not actively teach yoga classes, my training has greatly influenced my approach to health and happiness.
Last, but certainly not least, when you work with me, you benefit from learning from someone who has been-there + done-that. I was diagnosed in 2005 with Hashimoto’s (thyroid autoimmunity), struggled with relentless hives that covered my entire body and disfigured my face for 4 months straight, almost broke off my engagement because I was such an emotional wreck, lost weight, gained weight, struggled with what to eat, body image, and the very real struggle to love myself through this disease. I have experimented with many healing routines and had my fair share of ups and downs.
Who I am today, may just be my best credential yet!
I also have my BA from Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, CA.
Do you accept health insurance?
I am sorry, at this time I cannot accept health insurance.
I am happy to provide you with an invoice and you can self-submit to your insurance company to see if they will cover Nutritional Therapy, but I can not guarantee coverage.
I can help you become a healthier individual though and this will lower your premiums.
Do you work with clients remotely?
Yes! As a matter of fact the majority of my fabulous clients are distance clients living all over the USA and I have even had a few international clients. I work primarily via phone/email so you can live anywhere and still benefit from my services.
Do I have to give up grains or go gluten-free?
I don’t know. Do you?
There is no one-size-fit-all diet; there are only bioindividual diets based on your metabolism, ancestry, and unique health challenges. Two people can eat the exact same diet with totally different outcomes, so how do you determine if a certain way of eating suits you?
That is where I come in.
Together we will explore your body’s unique truth. I will assess your current nutritional status, bring the research to the table, and help you determine if giving up grains or gluten, or any food for that matter, will benefit your immediate and long-term health goals.
Sometimes, you may find out that you only need to give up a certain food for a period of time—allowing the body time to heal—and can later return to the eliminated food. So, try not to stress—it isn’t always a forever-thing.
What are your health + nutrition philosophies?
- Nutrition + Compassion + Self Love = Health = HAPPINESS (trust me if your hormones and neurotransmitters are out of whack, or you can’t silence the inner critic, life can be a sad affair)
- Whole foods and real foods as medicine. Hippocrates, the founder of medicine—you know, the guy from the Hippocratic Oath—said, “Let FOOD be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” Let’s get back to that.
- We are all unique; we are all bio-individual. What works for one, may not work for another. Part of the journey, is discovering your own path.
- “Eat food, not too much, mostly plants.” –M. Pollen
- “When you change the way you look at this, the things you look at change.” –Wayne Dyer said it best. Your perception of life impacts your health.
- There are no quick-fixes or magic pills. Rome wasn’t built in a day! Both the disease and the healing process take time.
- No gimmicks, no fad diets—just pure, unadulterated science on how the body functions and what it takes nutritionally to be healthy.
- Self-love is a must.
- Mind + Body + Spirit = Are all ONE. You can not bring one into balance with out addressing the others.
- Slow, yet sustainable changes make the most impact in the long run.
- To treat the part—address the whole. We are not just the sum of our parts, but it is how all those parts interconnect.
- My definition of DIET is from the Latin word Diaeta which means a way of life.
- The secret to staying thin is no different than the secret to staying healthy.
- Never give up. Fall down, get back up, expect to fall down again (it will happen), then get up again…this is part of life.
- Never stop learning. Life is about learning. Trying new things and experimenting is a how you learn.
- Intention + A Little Effort + Compassion = Positive Change
- Incurable is not a diagnosis, it’s a dare!
If any of this resonates with you, let’s work together!
Why do you want to help me?
I want to help you because before I found my way I was in a lot of emotional, physical and mental pain. I didn’t know where to turn and while internet searches yielded a lot of information—it only confused and scared me more. I didn’t know what information was reputable and, more importantly, I didn’t know what information truly applied to me. I wish back then I had someone to hold my hand and help me from point A to point B—someone to help me sift through all my options and guide me slowly into making the changes that were right for ME and not right for the masses.
Who is your perfect client?
I enjoy working with motivated, open-minded individuals looking to regain their health and alleviate symptoms brought on by a general lack of vitality to more serious health challenges such as thyroid and autoimmune disease.
If you are seriously ready to make changes in your life—and you are here, so it makes me think you are—I am ready, willing, and committed to helping you succeed.
What are some of your go-to, favorite websites?